Mar 21, 2010

Liz's Sheer Genius Life


Last week, on my hour-long commute to school, I came across a glowing review by The Globe's T.V. critic John Doyle. He actually called MTV's My Life as Liz "sheer freakin’ genius." My interest peaked, I headed straight to the MTV website and I was not disappointed. 


Liz Lee is a self proclaimed 'freak' is a sea of blond, tanned clones. MTV follows her as she tries to navigate the conservative town of Burleson Texas and High School where original thought and self expression is punished. Some might be surprised to hear that it's on MTV but the unique fusion of fiction and reality, which MTV perfected, is what makes My LIfe As Liz so special. 


Everything about Liz is different and she's proud of it. Hilarity ensues when high school shenanigans are combined with her self-deprecating, quirky and quick-witted style. A wacky cousin and a good soundtrack are icing on the cake. My Life as Liz can be found Monday nights in the 10-spot.  

No comments: